As an HDX Product Manager, I found over the last year I was increasingly getting asked a lot “Does Citrix support 4K monitors?”… when we looked into this we realised that actually the documentation on this wasn’t great. So for the past few months we’ve been reviewing our QA and test information and collating information.
What seemed to be quite a trivial question – actually turned out to be quite an in-depth investigation and led to us reviewing QA and regression test plans as well as the product documentation. Long term this will feed back into the main product documentation and consultancy guides, but what the teams collected seemed so useful that we decided to release it as a standalone KB article. That I’m super-please to be able to say is available TODAY!!!
So do check out CTX201696, there were numerous folks involved in testing, writing and collating the information and what started as a answering a simple question expanded to include:
- Detailed explanation of the memory requirements for monitors when using any of the VDAs available for XenApp and XenDesktop (including the HDX 3D Pro, Standard VDA and RDS VDA)
- The documentation of validated configurations
- CPU hardware recommendations
- Information on Framehawk monitor support
- Information on the Linux VDA monitor support
- Debug advice for investigating how much memory your monitor and graphics mode is actually using
This was quite a substantial team effort and I’d love to hear feedback and ideas for future improvements. This has been quite a long time and a lot of work in the making… so I hope you love ❤ ❤ ❤ it! I feel the Citrix teams have done a great job!