The NVIDIA Knowledge base is going from strength to strength. Since GRID moved to a software and fully-supported enterprise model there has been an acceleration in the information being published there that should carry on long-term.
Known issues, workarounds, how-to-guides and links to other places to find information on NVIDIA products including GRID and vGPU.
Yet MORE NEW articles have just been released:
NEW KB Articles – this week!
- A change occurs on the GRID licensing server such as IP address, or a change in account used to manage the licenses on the portal – resulting in error: FNE server is up and running”. May be necessary to delete the trusted store
- FAQs – VMware Blast Extreme and NVIDIA GRID – webinar 22nd March 2016
- End-point monitor / thin-client screen flickers when using NVIDIA GRID vGPU profile insufficient to support end-point native resolution
- Is the NVIDIA M60, K1, K2, K5000, other…. supported by vSphere/XenServer/Other Hypervisor?
- NVIDIA vGPU for XenServer is premium Citrix-licensed feature (includes errors/symptoms if licensing is incorrect)
- Monitoring NVIDIA GRID GPU and CPU metrics for Citrix XenServer including with XenCenter – including is the number of vCPUs per VM correct
- Incorrect BIOS settings on a server when used with a hypervisor can cause MMIO address issues that result in GRID GPUs failing to be recognized.
- Where to find the drivers for NVIDIA GRID 2.0 vGPU and up, including M60 and M6 drivers
- NVIDIA License Server – Changing default management port value
- Can NVIDIA Kepler (e.g. K1 / K2) and Maxwell (e.g. M60 / M6) GPU cards be mixed on a server host?
NEW KB Articles – last week
- Known Issues or Configuration Reasons: OpenGL/DirectX/GPU Acceleration Not Used when using GRID or Quadro products in virtualized environments including VMware and Citrix (links to multiple known issues in other vendors products)
- Monitoring the framebuffer for NVIDIA GRID vGPU and GPU-passthrough
- Autodesk AutoCAD 2016 selecting the wrong display adaptor
- AVID Media Composer requires a certified driver for use with a GPU/vGPU
- Enable GRID GPU acceleration for Adobe Illustrator 2014
- How to Query VBIOS when running vGPU
- What causes error: Source – NVWMI | Level – Warning | Instance and Method provider registration failed – (null) hr=0xFFFFFFFA (-6)?
- Having problems with new M6/M60 like VMs fail to power on, NVRM BAR1 error, ECC is enabled, or nvidia-smi fails (checking cards in graphics not compute mode)
As always I’d recommend a visit to the GRID user forums where you can ask questions with the users who include customers, partners and NVIDIA staff including developers who write the product and support staff: Have a look – HERE!